The following was announced overnight.
The Federal Health IT Strategic Plan 2011-2015
The Federal Health IT Strategic Plan: 2011-2015 ("the Plan") reflects ONC's strategy for coordinating with the public and private sector to realize Congress and the Administration's health IT agenda: improving the quality, efficiency, safety and patient-centeredness of health care.
The Plan, which was last published in 2008, has been updated to take into account the rapidly changing landscape of health IT and health IT policy that has been drastically altered over the past two years by two major pieces of legislation that have established an agenda and committed significant resources to health IT -- the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, passed as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Over the past year, ONC has collborated with its federal partners, the private sector (through the Health IT Policy Committee) and the public to update the Plan. The Plan serves as an important tool for guiding federal efforts and investments in health IT over the next five years.
For More Information:
- Read an Overview of the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan [PDF - 876 KB]
- Read the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan [PDF - 1 MB]
- Make a public comment on the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan
- Read Dr. Blumenthal's blog entry about the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan
- Read the Press Release Announcing the Public Comment Period for Federal Health IT Strategic Plan
- Check out the blog post about the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan from Todd Park, HHS Chief Technology Officer
Here is the link to the page:
Happy weekend browsing. A quick look suggests a pretty clear forward looking approach to using Health IT to actually make a positive difference!