January 24, 2013
- More than five million Americans had their medical images read remotely last year;
- Approximately 10% of all the intensive care unit beds in the U.S. use telemedicine;
- According to MobiHealthNews, there are more than 13,000 consumer health applications for the iPhone;
- One million Americans benefit from remote cardiac monitoring for implantable devices or for checking on a suspected cardiac arrhythmia; and
- The American Telemedicine Association estimates that more than 10 million Americans have directly benefited from some sort of telemedicine service this past year, probably double from just three years ago.
January 23, 2013