Request for Tender (RFT) for the provision of Solution Delivery Services to deliver an Aged Care Gateway system
IT Governance Principle in full
The department should have a consolidated IT work program based on a single set of priorities and only the agreed highest priority activities should be resourced and completed.
The approach to provide systems support for new policy proposals (NPP) will be designed at the time of writing the NPP to enable a better approach and costing estimate.
Policy and reform projects should design and deliver systems that contribute to the enterprise capabilities that can be leveraged by the department.
- My Aged Care website
- National contact centre
- Linking service.
- Accessible and understandable information
- imely and consistent experiences
- Linked services.
- The implementation of the National Contact Centre may lead to perceptions of reduced opportunities for face-to-face service delivery and reduced access to local knowledge, especially in cases where a telephone service replaces services that were previously accessed in a face-to-face setting.
- Some providers may find that the role of the National Contact Centre may limit their ability to refer cases to themselves.
- The Aged Care Gateway will require providers to interact with new systems. This requirement may contribute to the need for providers to enhance or replace their automated business systems.
- The implementation of the Aged Care Gateway, and especially the My Aged Care website, may lead to greater awareness of entitlements and support options. This may lead to increased demand for services.
- Benefits and evaluation framework – Development of a whole of program framework for the assessment and tracking of benefits in a way that demonstrates linkages between benefits and policy objectives
- Monitoring capability – delivery of monitoring services that assist the department to source, compile, review and evaluate data developed during implementation
- Evaluation services – development of an evaluation framework, and approach for monitoring and measurement of activities that inform progress and contribution of the program to the program benefits.