Physician practices and ambulatory care sites have been gravitating to the cloud for years, but Web-based services are now finding hospital-based and even industrywide applications.
- More than 25 percent of patients seen by an eligible professional (EP) or discharged from a hospital or emergency department (ED) must "actively engage" with their electronic records
- For more than 35 percent of patients seen by an EP or discharged from a hospital or ED, a secure message must be sent using the EHR's secure messaging function or in response to a secure message sent by the patient
- Patient-generated data from a nonclinical setting must be incorporated into the EHR for more than 15 percent of patients seen by the EP or discharged from a hospital or ED
- The Stage 3 proposed rule can be read here.
- New 2015 Edition IT certification criteria can be seen here.