Digital tools prevent hundreds of sepsis deaths across three hospitals
AI pilot project to help CMS identify fraud deemed a success
Cybersecurity: The enemy is already inside the gate
The number one recommendation is to know all of the touch points for data: how it comes in, how it's used, where it's stored and how it goes out.
Robotic nurse that helps patients dress could address staffing shortage
AI’s future in healthcare is not entirely rosy
A new report examines how under much of the veneer of process improvement and radical new discoveries in the field of medicine, the industry has too many entrenched systems to fully realize the advances artificial intelligence promises.
Unlikely to take root
Hospitals Still Struggling To Share Data Effectively
Allscripts offers Apple Health Records to its clients and their patients
76% of Indian healthcare professionals use digital health records: Report
Fitbit targets 1 million new users with Singapore government tie-up
Fitbit and Singapore to team up on 'smart nation' health project
6 tech initiatives with the biggest impact on patient engagement
- Patient portals
- Automated appointment reminder systems
- Check-in technologies (e.g. kiosks, tablets, mobile apps)
- Digital payment options
- Data analytics
New Jersey Hospital Cuts Stroke Readmission Rate Through mHealth
Hackensack Meridian Health Jersey Shore University Medical Center has cut its readmission rate in half for stroke patients with an mHealth service that gives them on-demand access to discharge instructions and resources.
Social determinants of health program Gravity Project joins HL7 FHIR accelerator
Wearable device may enable screening for sleep apnea at home
Employers increase use of digital tech and wellness programs
Data lacking for national review of Medicaid opioid prescribing
Rucker: APIs will empower consumers, transform healthcare
The VA and others pioneer eHealth Exchange health information network infrastructure
Supporting further innovation
Cheap black market PHI drives ransomware, espionage
Attacks can occur long after a breach
DEFCON from a Healthcare CISO Perspective
DirectTrust Working on Standard For Secure Instant Messaging
The “inconvenient truth” about AI in healthcare
Despite large investments in technology, healthcare still early in interoperability journey, BCBSNC executive says
Survey finds alarming number of healthcare workers have not had cybersecurity training
Fewer than 4 in 10 health systems can successfully share data with other hospitals, survey finds
Apple health team faces departures as tensions rise over differing visions for the future
- Apple has seen some high-profile departures in recent months from its health team.
- The company has described health care as one of its focus areas, with CEO Tim Cook saying that he hopes it will someday be Apple’s “greatest contribution to mankind.”
- Sources told CNBC that tension is rising internally in Apple’s health unit, which is prompting employees to leave for roles in companies including Anthem and Google.
The new innovation model: monetizing healthcare data
Healthcare enterprises are launching programs to monetize patient medical data by offering access to researchers and innovators. How these initiatives can benefit all stakeholders (or leave out some).
- Pittsburgh-based Highmark, one of the largest health plans in the country, has launched a program that turns its internal innovation program VITAL into a commercial offering meant to help digital health startups test their products in real-world clinical environments. The core value of this program for startups is access to claims data on 4.5 million members that Highmark serves in three states.
- Mercy Health, based in St Louis, MO, has launched a real-world evidence network that will pool data from clinical networks across the country, starting with its database of clinical data from millions of patient records. Subscribers to the network, including researchers, regulators, Pharma and Medtech companies, will have access to this pool of de-identified data.
Rush launches new EHR app
Firms spend more on IT security, but can't measure tool effectiveness
AAFP, HL7 look to bolster use of SDOH data via FHIR
Mercy Becomes Latest Healthcare Player To Launch Data Sharing Initiative
Denmark still top in EU for eHealth
Sparking a Digital Revolution within Canada’s Health System
Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Clinician Training, Practice
The explosion of artificial intelligence has significantly altered the training providers need to integrate the technology into clinical practice.
Rapid growth in the healthcare cybersecurity market may not be enough to stop breaches
Few Patients are Downloading Their EHR Data on Smartphones
In a given month, just 0.7 percent of patients who logged into their health system’s patient portal also used their smartphones to view their EHR data.
UPMC clinic works to bring precision medicine to primary care
Why it's crucial to remember that healthcare is not a typical business
Verma: U.S. healthcare system is a communication disaster
Clinical decision support systems will surpass EHRs as prime caregiver interface: report
Healthcare organizations must lock down identities and access to PHI
Realizing the Promise of Technology at the Point of Care
Midmark is focused on developing innovative technology and new approaches that enrich experiences between caregivers and their patients at the point of care in ambulatory environments.
- In terms of technology, what is the biggest change happening in healthcare?