- HIT strategic planning
- Advanced health models and meaningful use
- HIT implementation, usability and safety
- Interoperability and health information exchange
- By Anthony Cuthbertson
April 8, 2014 23:00 GMT
Scott Mace, for HealthLeaders Media , April 8, 2014
Kaiser Permanente Northwest is one of several healthcare providers participating in an effort to roll out open access to clinician notes as a standard of care throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Cost reductions: When patients stay home, healthcare facilities and patients save money and doctors and hospitals can process more patients overall, Farmanfarmaian says.
- Greater patient engagement: Adds Farmanfarmaian, "Going to the doctor" is less of a drag with telemedicine--no taking time off work or traveling. Consultations are easier, so compliance will increase.
- Reduction in diseases transmission: Waiting rooms and hospitals are "hotbeds" for germs and viruses and hospital-acquired infections like sepsis, Farmanfarmaian says.