For the past eight years, Sevier County in East Tennessee has partnered with a federally qualified health center to provide remote access to basic acute- and primary-care services for more than 14,000 students in the county's public school system.
Worry patient privacy will be put at riskBy Shawn Jeffords, Political Bureau Chief
- “The only way to survive in a value-based reimbursement environment is to leverage analytics and BPM tools in more aggressive ways.”
- “The best way to predict successful outcomes is to use evidence based-practices.”
- “The only way to manage population health is through the analysis and aggregation of discrete data.”
- “Evidence-based analysis needs to occur more often at the point of care, tailored to patient-specific variables.”
- Start with a security risk assessment. It’s required by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations and mandated by the Meaningful Use program. If you don’t know where your vulnerabilities are, how can you fix them? Hiring a security consultant can be expensive, but you may need that expertise. There are online risk assessment tools available from the Health Information Management and Systems Society and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT that can get you started.