Linkable de-identified 10% sample of Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) and Pharmaceutical Benefits Schedule (PBS)
ID number encryption
- Patient ID Numbers (PIN) are encrypted using the original PIN as the seed.
- Provider ID numbers are encrypted using the original ID number as the seed.
- Only the patient’s year of birth is given, not the date of birth.
- Date of service and date of supply are randomly perturbed to ±14 days of the true date.
- Geographic aggregation:
- Rate event exclusion: Medicare and PBS items with extremely low service volumes have been removed.