Sunday, January 24, 2016
Here Is An Example Of Just How Crazy The Department Of Health Really Is. Just Madness!
This appeared a day or so ago.
Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) will next week begin the roll-out for the trial of the $485m opt-out My Health Record system set to revolutionise the national health system.
In November last year, NQPHN was selected as one of only two PHNs in Australia to trial the Federal Government’s new “opt-out” My Health Record for around 1 million Australians, as part of the planned future of health.
The new system – changed from opt-in to opt-out – will see Australians get easier access to their medical records and be at less risk under a revamped e-health system.
All people in northern Queensland will be provided with a My Health Record unless they choose to not have one created.
On 27 and 28 January, Department of Health representatives, along with the national evaluation firm Siggins Miller, will visit Cairns and the Tablelands with NQPHN staff as the first stage of consultation on the implementation plan with the community, local clinicians and other health experts in the region.
NQPHN Chairman Trent Twomey said next week’s extensive consultations in Cairns and Mareeba would crucially reach a wide and targeted audience in the local health industry.
“We’ll be hosting separate sessions for allied health, aged care and mental health professionals, as well as general practitioners, pharmacists and Aboriginal Medical Services staff,” said Mr Twomey.
“We’re also looking forward to cooperative planning with local Hospital and Health Services – this is a significant step in improving connected care between acute and primary care in northern Queensland.
“These sessions with the Department of Health’s Digital Health Division will be an opportunity for health industry experts and community members to share their valuable insight and feedback about our region’s needs and ways in which allied health can interact with My Health Record.
“Their feedback will directly inform the implementation plan and delivery of My Health Record.
“It’s a special opportunity to run the trial, which will begin this year and affect about 670,000 people in North Queensland – it’s a significant achievement for the region.
“It’s also a great honour to be chosen as one of only two PHNs in the country to deliver this trial, and is great news for North Queensland residents.
“We feel that our membership, location and regional demographics make NQPHN an ideal trial site for the proposed changes to My Health Record.
“We are the fourth-largest PHN in terms of geographical size, and the rural and remote nature of our region reinforces the need for a functional electronic health system.
“It’s a huge opportunity to tangibly and meaningfully improve the connectedness of care for our community, especially in improving health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
“We’re looking forward to play a key role in improving the flow of information, decreasing duplication, and helping doctors and pharmacists make more informed decisions that will lead to better patient outcomes.”
Mr Twomey said the new opt-out system can help patients get the right treatment faster, safer and easier.
“Health providers will be able to access a summary of a patient’s important health information together in one, easily accessible place,” he said.
“It will provide an overview of a patient’s health journey and their latest health information, as well as important documents such as discharge summaries from hospital, results, allergies, medication summaries and advance care plans.
“Patients also have a space to make their own notes on their health, providing the opportunity to tell their health story once, and in one place.
“It will help ensure each patient gets the best treatment, wherever they are and whichever health provider they go and see.”
NQPHN and Nepean Blue Mountains PHN are the only chosen organisations to deliver all-inclusive trials of the Government’s new My Health Record.
NQPHN/Federal Government implementation consultation sessions (27-28 January)
Wednesday 27 January – Cairns
9am-11am – Allied Health professionals
12pm-2pm – MyHealth Record Implementation Committee
2.30pm-3pm – Tropical Australia Academic Health Centre Committee
3pm-5pm – Mental Health professionals
6pm-8pm – General Practices
Thursday 28 January – Mareeba
8am-10am – Rural Forum
Thursday 28 January – Cairns
12pm-2pm – Medical Specialists
2.30pm-4pm – Aboriginal Medical Service Advisory Group
6pm-8pm – Pharmacists
----- End Extract.
The release is not dated but it was published to the web here:
So with about eight days’ notice a range of clinicians are to be give two hours consultation of the Government’s e-Health plan and its implications for all their patients.
A lucky 670,000 people are going so somehow acquire a blank e-Health record - filled up with information over which they have no control from Government databases and then all is going to be well from that day forward with their care if you believe the spiel! It is noteworthy that there does not seem to be any scheduled public consultation. I wonder how that works?
Please read this all closely and think how many unanswered questions there are!
This is non-consultation on an evidence free thought bubble from a totally impractical bureaucracy.
What a prescription for failure!
Posted by Dr David G More MB PhD at Sunday, January 24, 2016