The opt out period for My Health Record ends today, here's the pros and cons
Everyone will be different, but you need to decide whether My Health Record is for you.
My Health Record: clinics receiving up to $50,000 a year in incentives
My Health Record: what to do if you missed the opt out deadline
Why it matters
New Permanent Delete Function for The My Health Record
How to use your new government owned online My Health Record
AMA Transcript – Dr Chris Moy – My Health Record
My Health Record: Experts move to ease concerns as opt-out period ends
Many people have chosen to use the new function created by the Australian Digital Health Agency, which allows patients to permanently delete their record at any time.
‘The RACGP successfully lobbied to improve the privacy provisions of the My Health Records Act,’ RACGP President Dr Harry Nespolon told newsGP.
The changes include requiring a court order for non-clinicians to access the record and permanent deletion of the record if persons choose to opt out.
‘People can now join or leave the system at any time, despite the formal opt-out period ending,’ Dr Nespolon said.
Morrison Needs To Extend My Health Record Opt-Out
Workplace Advice & Support: My Health Record
- the role and functions of the Australian Digital Health Agency (the system operator of the My Health Record);
- a registration framework for individuals, and entities such as healthcare provider organisations, to participate in the My Health Record system; and
- a privacy framework (aligned with the Privacy Act 1988) specifying which entities can collect, use and disclose certain information in the system (such as health information contained in a healthcare recipient’s My Health Record), and the penalties that can be imposed on improper collection, use and disclosure of this information.
My Health Record: To opt in or out? The case for both sides
It's Apple versus Facebook in a battle for the soul of tech
A law unto themselves: Shadow regulators must be reviewed
By Peter Strong
Shoshana Zuboff's book shows we've moved into the age of surveillance capitalism
My Health Record: Hacking fears as medical specialists not registered to use it
My Health Record deadline: couple find account set up without consent in 2016
Labor still pushing for MHR changes
A day before the end of the My Health Record opt-out period, Shadow Health Minister Catherine King again called for its extension
My Health Record will have a lower participation rate than government officials expected
- January 31, 2019
Matt Barrie leads digerati's opt-out of 'awful' My Health Record
Are you in or out? Controversial My Health Record deadline is TODAY - and anyone who doesn't opt out will have their private medical details uploaded online
- More than 17 million Australians to have all medical records online tomorrow
- It will enable doctors to access a patient's complete file with a simple password
- Health Minister Greg Hunt said it would improve a doctor's diagnosis abilities
- But there are privacy fears over the information falling into the wrong hands
- Domestic violence groups fear abusive partners could access sensitive data
- Government has flagged five years' jail, $315,000 fines for illegal data access
Today is your last chance to opt out of the government's digital health record
By Ben Grubb
Ambulance paramedics can’t access the My Health Record
Gen Z willing to sacrifice privacy for benefits of technology
- 31 January 2019
- Written by Peter Dinham
The fuss behind My Health Record as opt-out deadline closes
My Health Record benefits travelling seniors - peak body
My Health Record: Opt out option taken by GP
My Health Record design flaws could ‘put patients at risk’
My Health Record could be a 'lifesaver’ for migrant communities in Australia
My Health is Australians' choice: minister
There are real benefits to be had from the My Health Record
The new, desperate struggle to secure the critical fabric of society
MHR opt-out deadline looms
My Health Record deadline looms, with privacy experts and Government at odds
- January 31 is the last day to opt out of having a My Health Record created for you
- Many people are uncomfortable with having multiple agencies and doctors access their information
- The chairman of the AMA says My Health Record is comparable to internet banking, and will save lives
Mon 28th Jan 2019
My Health Record: Insecure, Incomplete, Not Fit For Purpose. Why the Rush?
How the GDPR affects Australian Businesses
My Health Record: How to opt out, pros and cons explained
American leaks details of Singapore HIV patients online
- 29 January 2019
- Written by Sam Varghese
Should you opt out of the My Health Record?
“Some patients may even die”: GPs warn against My Health Record ahead of looming 31 Jan deadline
Ross and John get ‘My Health Record for dummies’ amid fresh legal concerns
Australia’s First Independent Privacy Certification Framework Launches, As The World Recognises Data Privacy Day.
Note: Not sure about this - can't find who they are and what their motive is. Does anyone know?