Topol Review concludes NHS should ‘focus on building digital workforce’
The NHS must “focus on building a digital ready workforce”, a report by Dr Eric Topol has concluded.
- Patients should be suitably informed about health technologies, with particular focus on vulnerable groups to ensure fair access
- The healthcare workforce needs knowledge and guidance to evaluate new technologies
- The adoption of technology should be used to give healthcare staff more time to care and interact directly with patients
A tug of war over LHCREs is underway
Special Report: Cybersecurity
Security ranks highest among provider IT concerns, HIMSS survey finds
China could use medical data to blackmail Americans, report says
HIT Think Two ways blockchain could have a quick impact in healthcare
The Promise of Electronic Health Records: Are We There Yet?
Which Country has the Best Cybersecurity? It Isn’t the U.S.
A study says the U.S. is above average when it comes to cybersecurity, but it’s not the best nation.
Proposed rules from HHS open door to healthcare API economy
DoD and VA still working out how to create single EHR
HIT Think Why soaring potential elevates the role of healthcare IT
Want to see your own eHealth record? Prepare to wait
Saskatchewan wants to expand online access to records, but no target date set
After interoperability: FHIR is the gateway for AI
HIMSS Analytics Stage 7 hospitals more likely to report physician satisfaction with EMRs, survey finds
15 Million Patient Records Breached in 2018; Hacking, Phishing Surges
The new Protenus 2019 Breach Barometer found the number of breached patient records tripled from 2017, as healthcare data security challenges increased.
HIMSS19: ONC, CMS officials outline the framework for interoperability, the use of APIs, FHIR
How can healthcare improve care for high-need, high-risk patients? Just ask them
OIG identifies risks related to NIH’s sharing of sensitive data
HIT Think Why ‘the year of the API’ will pose big challenges for providers
IBM Watson Health’s chief health officer talks healthcare challenges and AI
AI in healthcare: Big ethical questions still need answers
Epic CEO Judy Faulkner on Apple, docs who actually like their EHRs and Warren Buffett
5 Tech Tools That Could Change the Way Your Hospital Delivers Care
HealthLeaders examines five healthcare technologies that are useful to patients, while simultaneously creating value for healthcare organizations.
Beyond wellness for the healthy: digital health consumer adoption 2018
Results from our fourth national consumer survey (2018 data) on digital health adoption
- increasing use of digital health tools
- decreasing willingness to share health data with providers and insurers
- increased use of wearable devices to monitor health conditions
- high levels of discontinuing to use wearable devices such as fitness trackers
- increased uptake of telemedicine such as email, text, picture or live video telemedicine
- low levels of trust in technology companies such as Facebook
HHS Proposes Making EHRs More Portable
Also releases proposed rule on information-blocking
- by Joyce Frieden, News Editor, MedPage Today February 11, 2019
Proposed ONC rule requires FHIR interoperability standard
HIT Think Why patience for data exchange has run out for healthcare
Top health IT challenges right now? Interoperability, modernization
Email fraud attacks up by nearly 500%, report says
Replace patient letters with emails, health secretary Matt Hancock tells GPs
Doctors snooped into Humboldt Broncos patient records, privacy commissioner finds
This is how AI bias really happens—and why it’s so hard to fix
Bias can creep in at many stages of the deep-learning process, and the standard practices in computer science aren’t designed to detect it.
- by Karen Hao
- February 4, 2019