This is just a reminder that a workshop on the use of video games for health has been organised for the upcoming Game Connect Asia Pacific conference in Melbourne, Dec 6th.
The Game Developers of Australia E-Health Forum.
This Games for Health forum brings together the Australian game development industry with healthcare providers, clinicians and heath technology developers. It is intended for games and health practitioners, and for academics from both fields. This sector constitutes a rapidly growing $6.6 billion international market, that Australian companies are well placed to access. Experts from the medical and video game industries will speak across a range of topics including:
- Use of game technologies to engage and excite consumers in managing their health and wellness
- Building an ongoing dialogue between the games and health industries
- Current success stories: health/games crossovers that are already getting results
- Update on technology developments and user/market patterns within the games industry
- Accessing Government grants to fund development
- Setting a framework for future collaboration
- And more..
Registrations have been a little low to date so it seemed useful to use the blog to encourage those who may be interested to think about attending this event.
Registrations are through http://www.gameconnectap.com/register.html - (Forum pass, Sunday only)
Please note that this is a HISA supported event. Media will be covering the event and it is hoped the forum will kick start the Games for Health community in Australia.
The full conference web site is here:
Sounds like it might be worth spending a Sunday afternoon to learn about the topic!