Top six errors in outpatient care
- Medication errors such as prescriptions for incorrect drugs or incorrect dosages.
- Diagnostic errors such as missed, delayed and wrong diagnoses.
- Laboratory errors such as missed, delayed and wrong diagnoses.
- Clinical knowledge errors such as knowledge, skill and general performance errors on the part of physicians and other clinicians.
- Communication errors such as doctor-patient communication errors, doctor-doctor communication errors or other miscommunications between parties.
- Administrative errors such as errors in scheduling appointments and managing patient records.
- read the study's abstract