- Obtain information about medical problems, treatments and drugs online
- Consult online reviews about drugs
- Read or watch things online about someone else's health experience
Sponsored by Aura Healthcare as part of The Big EPR Debate
John Commins, for HealthLeaders Media , November 26, 2013
Evidence is mounting that when physicians know the laboratory costs of tests prior to ordering them, they show a decrease in ordering rates, and not only for high-cost tests.
Scott Mace, for HealthLeaders Media , November 26, 2013
Surgeons are justifiably excited by the possibilities of using Google Glass in the operating room. Despite Wi-Fi hurdles, privacy concerns, and speech recognition issues, this device will inevitably become another indispensable tool in healthcare.
The analysis of huge data sets can help researchers and physicians develop more effective medical treatments.
- Analysis will guide physicians on which drugs are most effective
- The Affordable Care Act provisions for electronic records have created more data to analyze
- Genome research coupled with data analysis the next frontier