Health and Indigenous Affairs Correspondent
Report on Government Services 2014
Volume E: Health
Download the volume
- comparable (subject to caveats) across jurisdictions and over time
- complete (subject to caveats) for the current reporting period. All required 2012-13 data are available for all jurisdictions.
The use of electronic health information systems can, for example, facilitate best practice chronic disease management as well as minimise errors of prescribing and dispensing that can cause adverse drug reactions (Hofmarcher, Oxley and Rusticelli 2007).
- use of electronic health information systems
- teaching medical students
- improving management for patients with diabetes and/or asthma.
- integrate healthcare identifiers into electronic practice records
- have a secure messaging capability
- use data records and clinical coding of diagnoses
- send prescriptions electronically to a prescription exchange service
- participate in the eHealth record system and be capable of creating and uploading Shared Health Summaries and Event Summaries using compliant software.