- The PPIP Act to be amended to provide mandatory notification of serious breaches of an individual’s privacy by a public sector agency.
- Access to and amendment of personal information to be governed solely by the PIPP Act and access to non-personal government information to be governed by the Government Information Public Access (GIPA) Act
- All NSW state owned corporations should be covered by privacy legislation
- Principle of anonymity and pseudonymity where lawful and practicable
- Coombs to prepare guidance for agencies on the use of surveillance technologies such as CCTV
- The PPIP to include privacy by design
- ISO/IEC 27018 standard covering privacy, security and cloud services to be considered for inclusion in the NSW government’s information security management systems policy
- A Code of Practice to be developed to enable information sharing for planning and policy analysis purposes between agencies.