Quote Of The Year

Timeless Quotes - Sadly The Late Paul Shetler - "Its not Your Health Record it's a Government Record Of Your Health Information"

or

H. L. Mencken - "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

Sunday, May 24, 2015

AusHealthIT Poll Number 271 – Results – 24th May, 2015.

Here are the results of the poll.

Do You Agree With The Decision To Replace NEHTA With A New Australian E-Health Commission? (Updated)

Yes 27% (31)

No 47% (54)

I Want Neither Funded By Government 22% (25)

I Have No Idea 4% (5)

Total votes: 115

What an interesting outcome. Lots do not agree NEHTA should be replaced with a Commission but then also a lot want the Government out of the scene altogether.

I think I need a better poll to sort this out!

Good to see such a great number of responses!

Again, many, many thanks to all those that voted!

David.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol David love the new poll choice. "No I want more government" hahaha

I guess we need to give the nehtians a voice! (Unlike they do for industry!)

Anonymous said...

I have to assume that your latest poll is asking specifically about Federal Government participation in eHealth Records, not government generally in eHealth generally.

Dr David G More MB PhD said...

No,

I am talking about all aspects of e-Health other than the standards, regulation and services that require Govt. involvement.

I want them to let our industry just get on with things!

David.

Anonymous said...

In that case I need to change my vote. It is not possible for state government run hospitals and health departments to get out of running eHealth systems.

Dr David G More MB PhD said...

Sorry,

I was talking Federal Govt. Clearly States / Territories need to run operational systems for their hospitals and clinics

The Feds don't have operational care delivery responsibilities - but clearly need admin systems.

My view is that we need DoH and NEHTA mostly out of our hair!

David.