Review Terms of Reference
- The gaps between the expectations of users and what has been delivered
- The level of consultation with end users during the development phase
- The level of use of the PCEHR by health care professions in clinical settings
- Barriers to increasing usage in clinical settings
- Key clinician and patient usability issues
- Work that is still required including new functions that improve the value proposition for clinicians and patients
- Drivers and incentives to increase usage for both industry and health care professionals
- The applicability and potential integration of comparable private sector products
- The future role of the private sector in providing solutions
- The policy settings required to generate private sector solutions
Govt launches e-health records inquiry
There really have to be very big questions around all this. What changes could be made to make this flawed idea useful? What are the implications of just hoping all will be OK in the end? What would happen if it was just closed down? Is there anyone who should be held accountable for mislaying a $billion? Can this thing ever deliver real clinical benefits? Is the PCEHR just a way for the Government to collect and mine private information? What has been the damage to the Aussie e-Health sector while all this goes on?
Six weeks is a joke really!