OpenGov Asia speaks to Andrew Saunders, Health CIO, Department of Health & Human Services, Victoria to learn more about his role and aim to transform the healthcare services sector
I joined in August 2015.
- Digitise clinical systems so that appropriate clinical information can be shared to provide safer and more effective clinical outcome
- Create a person-centred systems approach that deals with the specific needs of the individual from a health and social care perspective, and provide a seamless pathway to accessing appropriate services
- Provide ‘clinical grade ICT integration’ across the whole sector to ensure we have robust and secure ICT infrastructure that can support the real time decision making required to assist in saving lives
- Creating a shared clinical information system to enable clinicians to better support their patients from an integrated and continuum of care perspective.
- Enhance applied health research, quality & safety and education through deeper analytics of de-identified health datasets.
- Identify opportunities for targeted preventative health and early intervention.
With regards to recording, storing and securing the data, what information would be useful to you or the CIOs reporting to you?