- The selection process: Don't rush it, Croy said. You may end up unhappy and getting rid of the new system fairly quickly. Croy ran into this problem with her second EHR system, and said she learned to spend six to eight weeks conducting research before going all in.
Healthcare data breach prevention requires the input of cyber risk management professionals and more comprehensive oversight, according to ICIT.
- By Brian Ross
- Lee Ferran
- 95 percent of the nation’s hospitals provided patients with the ability to view their health information electronically.
- 87 percent provided individuals with the ability to download their health information.
- 71 percent offered patients the ability to transmit their health information.
- 69 percent of hospitals provided individuals with the ability to view, download, and transmit their health information.