Holistic and intergrated approaches to digital health
- Getting My Health Record on track
- The Development of the Digital Health Strategy
My Health Record
The National Digital Health Strategy
- My health information is available to me whenever and wherever it is needed
- My health information is secure and can be shared by me or my healthcare provider
- I, my carers, and my healthcare providers can use my healthcare information
- My prescriptions and medications are stored digitally and are used to improve my health
- I have more options and more choice for accessing my healthcare
- I feel confident using digital technologies to access and deliver healthcare
- It is faster and easier for me to develop and deliver health and care innovations
Journey to digital health
Other than pointing out that the ADHA has nothing to do with hospitals in any way that would affect medication errors within hospitals and to wonder just what the ADHA was doing to improve practice computer systems (Clinicians seem notably absent from their strategy thoughts) I will leave it to the readers to comment on this blog.
FWIW my take is that all this goes very little along the way to show real support of clinicians in delivering safer and better care for patients and offers very few solutions to the problems we face. Surely all this totally misunderstands to scale of the task and where the priorities should be.
Surely the faith in an evolving myHR must be pretty challenged by this morning's poll!
What do others think? – and feel totally free to disagree!