AGPN eHealth Conference 2010
Slide 5: e-Health Observations.
Slide 6: HI Service: Vendors Perspective.
- The HI Service provides clear benefits to the Australian people and establishes a critical building block for an e-Health enabled health care system
- The passing of legislation is crucial and industry supports the passing of the proposed legislation and regulations
- However, when approved everyone will have a IHI but little will have any benefits for many years to come under the proposed approach
- Medicare will be from the outset incurring cost of production and support whether any one is accessing the HI service or not
- The estimated savings and benefits will not be realized unless the HI’s are functioning across the whole sector in the actual exchanges of information
Slide 12: HI Service: Vendors Perspective
Slide 13: Implementation Approach -Concerns
- Apparent acceptance of a extremely slow uptake of the HI Service
- Lack of community based initiatives i.e. GPs, Specialists, Diagnostic services
- Talk of a tipping point with no detail beyond jargon buzz word terminology
- Lack of understanding of business drivers that have successfully worked before in driving e-Health initiatives
- A strategy of relying on a “controlled release” and “lessons learnt” from early adopters that have the right to refuse the use of those lessons under confidentiality clauses
- Effective evaluation of any impact or benefits of HIs