HL7 Australia Mission
HL7 Australia is an open, not-for-profit, democratic organisation that supports the HL7 user community by:
Co-ordinating and championing the development and implementation of the Australian and global family of HL7 standards
Developing skills and knowledge exchange amongst members and the wider informatics community
Promoting HL7 as the most effective standard for systems interoperability, EDI message interfaces and information management in healthcare
• Maintain open lines of communication
• Collaborate in a spirit of mutual appreciation, respect and openness
• Seek pragmatic solutions to create a series of HL7 standards for health care communications
• we support SA and IT14 in their role as the national standards developer.
• we coordinate Australia’s activity in the international HL7 Working Group and related meetings.
• in areas not covered by IT14, we will facilitate Australia’s input to HL7 standards development.
• we provide education and events relating to HL7.
• we encourage complete openness in the sharing of technical documents.