Scott Mace, for HealthLeaders Media , December 9, 2014
The Argonaut Project that launched last week offers a real chance at much-needed workable EHR standards. But by itself, Argonaut won't lead to interoperability nirvana.
- Expand the adoption of health IT
- Advance secure and interoperable health
- Strengthen healthcare delivery
- Advance the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities
- Advance research, scientific knowledge and innovation
Ryan Chiavetta, for HealthLeaders Media , December 10, 2014
Medical scribes offer hospitals and health systems a low-cost method to bolster productivity and boost physician efficiency and morale, particularly after an EHR implementation.
One fast-growing position designed to remedy this situation is the medical scribe. A medical scribe's primary duty is to document a physician's encounter with a patient in the electronic health record system. Scribes enter information about a patient's history, the physical exam, the physician's assessment, notes on decision making and discharge and after care instructions.