- Site population of approximately 250,000-500,000.
- Clearly defined geographical area so there is no confusion as to whether people are included or not.
- Ability to confine communications, including electronic media, to the site.
- Demonstrated existing eHealth capabilities and utilisation of eHealth services across local health services including General Practice, pharmacy, aged care services, and at least one hospital.
- Higher than average PCEHR uptake by providers.
- Strong clinical networks with a demonstrated commitment to the success of the trial - Primary Health Network/s, Local Hospital Network/s and any other relevant local health organisations within the trial site area.
- Positive community engagement with, and local government commitment to, previous non-eHealth trials.
- Not currently involved in, or minimal involvement with, other State, Territory and/or Commonwealth run trial activities (for example the NDIS).
- Include a range of population groups (i.e. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, CALD backgrounds.
- At least one of the opt-out trial sites to include rural and/or remote areas.