VA Launches Telehealth Program to Treat Rural Veterans With PTSD
The Department of Veterans Affairs says the Telemedicine Outreach for PTSD (TOP) pilot program will connect veterans in rural areas with psychologists and psychiatrists for online treatment.
Partnership aims to get genomic info to docs for prescribing
Blockchain is proving itself for real-world healthcare applications
What Retail Can Teach Health Care About Digital Strategy
ONC, CMS set their sights on reducing EHR clinical burden
Look how far we've come: 93% of hospitals enable online access to health data in 2017, up from 27% in 2012
Consumers hungry for more digital healthcare interaction
Results of the 2018 HIMSS Leadership Survey Confirm CIOs’ Focus on Clinical Outcomes Improvement—and Cybersecurity
HIT Think Why healthcare IT needs to aim at simplicity
Four health boards to build shared care record
NHS bodies in north of Scotland to use portal for information on health and social care
ONC chief Donald Rucker lays out his agency's very full plate
There are two areas of focus we at ONC have these days, as we look at the status of electronic health records in the United States: One is usability and provider burden, and the other is interoperability. There's a great luxury, which I think is a rarity in Washington, that both houses of Congress, both parties, the prior president, the current president, are all united on these goals.
Clinical and Financial Analytics Lead Healthcare IT Investment and ROI
Investment areas can be viewed as value-based, but they also benefit fee-for-service models.
Special Report: Cybersecurity
CMS planning to overhaul EHR incentive programs, rolls out MyHealthEData to put patients in control of their health information
Google takes health care to the cloud with new API, partnerships
Hacking responsible for 83% of breached records in January, insiders 1%: 6 things to know
Belgium to strengthen role of e-health apps in patient healthcare
- Level 1: minimum requirements. Any application that wishes to be integrated into the Belgian healthcare system must meet certain standards, function correctly (for example, precisely and correctly monitor a patient’s heartbeat), bear a CE mark, and comply with the applicable regulations on privacy and the protection of data.
- Level 2: communication with official e-health apps. The app must be able to communicate with other official Belgian e-health apps.
- Level 3: added value. If demonstrated that an app provides added value to healthcare and meets the requirements of the first two levels, a tailored investment scheme will be made available for its implementation.
Industry moves forward a few steps on road to interoperability
EHRs get most blame for epidemic of physician burnout
HIT Think How new market forces are aligning to change healthcare IT
New prescribing software helps monitor use of opioids
eClinicalWorks CEO Girish Navani: Our next EHR will be like a Bloomberg Terminal
Jared Kushner says 'Trump administration has a new plan for interoperability'
Ministry draws up JD602m healthcare plan for 2018-2022
IT leaders highlight big success with machine learning models
Google signed a key deal with a $9.5 billion device maker to save healthcare from a 'world of ignorance'
- Google has teamed up with Flex, a $US9.5 billion gadget manufacturer, in a cloud computing deal.
- Flex is using Google Cloud technology to build BrightInsight, a platform for connecting medical devices together.
- Flex lauds Google for its security, privacy, and futuristic technology.
- Amazon and Microsoft are also going after the healthcare market.