My Health Record system
- the expected benefits of the My Health Record system;
- the decision to shift from opt-in to opt-out;
- privacy and security, including concerns regarding:
- the vulnerability of the system to unauthorised access,
- the arrangements for third party access by law enforcement, government agencies, researchers and commercial interests, and
- arrangements to exclude third party access arrangements to include any other party, including health or life insurers;
- the Government’s administration of the My Health Record system roll-out, including:
- the public information campaign, and
- the prevalence of ‘informed consent’ amongst users;
- measures that are necessary to address community privacy concerns in the My Health Record system;
- how My Health Record compares to alternative systems of digitising health records internationally; and
- any other matters.
My Health Records Amendment (Strengthening Privacy) Bill 2018
Submissions were sought by 14 September 2018. The reporting date is 8 October 2018. On 19 September 2018, the Senate granted an extension of time for reporting until 12 October 2018.