You always have a choice with My Health Record
Key facts and figures
- 6.45 million Australians currently have a My Health Record.
- Since July 2018, almost half a million Australians have decided not to wait for a My Health Record to be created for them, and have chosen to have a record created for them.
- 82% of general practices are now connected to My Health Record.
- 84% of community pharmacies are now connected to My Health Record. The increase in pharmacy connections has tripled in the past 6 months.
- 75% of public hospitals are now connected to My Health Record.
My Health Record enshrines choice
New function expected to strengthen public trust in My Health Record
Insurers gaining 'open-ended access' to medical records slammed as 'unfair privacy breach'
- Australians who declare mental health treatments on insurance applications are often forced to grant access to their medical records
- Legal advocates argue "open-ended" access is an "unfair breach of consumers' privacy"
- They want to limit insurers' access to five years worth of records