Welcome to the Dorset Care Record
About the DCR
- Co-ordinated and safer care
- Clear decision about your care
- No need to repeat your details to different professionals
- Your care record is always available
- We always have accurate contact details
- Co-ordinated care around your needs
- Understanding your situation better
- Your record travels with you around the county.
- Help to improve hospital discharge planning
- Inform support and care management in the community to help keep you independent
- Time saved searching for information and understanding the situation when you first contact social care
- Helping you keep well and out of hospital and understanding when you have been admitted to hospital so that home care visits can be stopped.
- Time savings from trying to find out who is involved with you and your family
- Ability to understand the timeline of interventions across services/organizations
- A way to share significant events/changes in your situation with other professionals
- Better access to information to inform decision making.
- Your up to date personal contact details and care needs
- List of diagnosed conditions – so health or social care professionals have a complete record of your care
- Medications – so everyone treating you knows what medicines you’ve been prescribed
- Allergies – to make sure you aren’t given medicine that might give you an adverse reaction
- Test results – to speed up your treatment and care
- Referrals, clinic letters and discharge information – to make sure the people caring for you have all the information they need.
- Compete the online form
- Print and complete the form and post it to the Privacy Officer, Dorset Care Record Partnership, County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset. DT1 1XJ
- Fill in the opt out form on our generic leaflet (Ref: DCR2/18), which can be found in public libraries, GP surgeries, hospitals and local authority buildings.
- Call the Privacy Officer on our helpline number 0345 2000 0026