- Updated Aug 23 2018 at 11:29 AM
Digital wealth: How to have the final say about your online assets when you die
Yet a survey for the NSW Trustee and Guardian found 83 per cent of Australians have not discussed what will happen to their social media accounts when they die and only 3 per cent of Australians with a will have given directions regarding their social media accounts.
Digital wealth needs to be included in estate and succession planning, so that on death or incapacity assets are protected and this wealth is dealt with tax effectively.
Even if you do not own an online or virtual business, this digital wealth may have the ability to produce income or be sold, but will be of no value if nobody knows it exists. Not to mention potential sentimental value where the account includes photos, memories or messages.
My Health Record - improving health care for seniors
RBA warns on digital identity mess
"Separate and unconnected" will be painful.
Health Data – the ‘Swiss Army Knife’ of Data
- Health maintained rank one for the most reported data breaches
- Malicious or criminal attacks jumped 14.56% to 59%
- The reverse was true for data breaches caused by ‘human error’ – dropping 14.79% to 36%
- In regards to malicious attacks – 77% of cyber incidents were related to compromised credentials of some sort
Think: Digital Futures
My Health Record fears are misplaced, says insider GP
Peter Dutton’s record as health minister a major weakness
- August 23, 2018
Govt changes to MHR unveiled
Medibank wants to give health advice and your My Health Record would help
By Esther Han
- 1.5 million - Medibank wants to triple its annual number of interactions with customers by 2020.
- 25% - Medibank has a large grip on the health insurance market.
- 1200 - It employs a large number of health professionals, including nurses and GPs.
Canberra chaos: Health Minister offers to resign, is rebuffed and introduces My Health Record privacy amendments
My Health Record, Indigenous people encouraged to opt in
Pirate Party Australia Supports Opting Out from Federal Government’s MyHealth Record System
Want to hack the WA government? Try ‘Password123’
Government on track with digital transformation, but room for improvement: report
- 21 August 2018
- Written by Peter Dinham
Why My Health Record is flawed
Forget data breaches, this is why I am finally ready to quit Facebook
Is Consent a moral dilemma or a mere medicolegal formality ?
The regulation of medical devices is flawed and another scandal is inevitable: health advocates
- Regulation of medical devices in Australia is so flawed another scandal is inevitable, health advocates say
- Key issue for regulators is knowing exactly how many of each make and model are implanted
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration said its "top priority" was patient safety
Lax security culture in hospitals could affect My Health Record privacy, insiders fear
- Updated Aug 20 2018 at 7:00 PM